Thursday, May 22, 2008

Date Night!

Ok, it's not the weekend yet but I thought, what the heck - let's explore! Every once in awhile I like to suggest places to visit. It's time to add the following to my list of Places:

Bentham, Haunted Mansion

Mostly Wicked at the Raft, Murder Mystery

Paradise Waterfalls & Landscaping (set your lights low) This is a shopping/landscaping Sim but very nice water features!

URBANITY - Romance your Second Life (lovely club for dancing)

Heart Reef Resort - it may be a work in progress - but it is absolutely beautiful. Turn on midnight and give it time to rez.

Boston Harbor, Boston Light Lighthouse (based on a real place)

Casablanca Jazz Club, LOVE this kind of music! (dancing)

A note to all dance clubs - please limit the ads slapped about the walls - that kills the mood. If you feel you must have advertising like that in the club - try to make the adds fit in with the decor. How about putting the ads on a menu on the tables?

And now....what to wear?

I found this dress bit by accident, a very happy accident. Victorian dresses are so romantic and this one is no exception. Beautiful detail work in the front and the sculpted bustle is just right. I like the way the dress seems so layered in the front. The color was a real stand out for me - made me think of champaign.

I find it really difficult to find a great updo in sl. Not that they aren't out there, but they don't always look right on me. Rach Snookums over at Frangipani Designs gets most of my updo bucks. It's one of her newest releases and I'm proud to have it in my closet!

The jewelry was the cherry on this outfit. I rarely wear jewelry because good vintage pieces are not always easy to find. This cameo and earing set were made by the talented Saiyge Lotus.

Dress (comes in 3 beautiful colors), Secret Garden at DG Innovations
Hair - >FD Hair< href="http://slurl.com/secondlife/Iladil/179/14/73">Frangipani Designs)
Jewelry - Balderdash-MEADOWLAR, and to the artist - Saiyge Lotus - beautiful work! (Demos are available to try on first:)
Skin - Fleur Vivant Buff Terre 1
Eyes - *Sin Skins* Intense II Light Green eyes (med)

Well, I'm off to explore -
Rachel

No comments: