Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sophisticated 50's

Today is a fine day - the beginning of a long weekend, daughter is home from school and my youngest is doing great:).

As for fashion - I wanted to show you this dress I picked up over at 1-800 BETTIE'S. I danced with a very nice gentleman who told me several times how much he liked the texture in the skirt. I must admit, it's downright luscious.

Please take the time to expand the photo and look closely at the texture. This photo simply does not do it justice. By the way, I just love getting two skirts in the bundle (yay!!!) The lace gives me that warm girlie feeling.

The only thing I wish was bit different were the gloves - for me the little details make a difference. I guess what I'd like to find would be black velvet gloves with little pearl buttons at the wrist. I like girlie girl stuff:))

The back of the neckline needed a little something to make it stand out, so off I went (with the help of the ladies at Fashion Emergency) to find a back necklace:). Caroline's had just what I was looking for!

The cherry on top, was the hair. It needed to be sophisticated and this style (Debutante) pulled the outfit together for me.

Hair - Ingenue ~ Debutante ~ noir black
Dress - 1-800 BETTIE'S, Comes in seven great colors!
Skin - Fleur Vivant Buff Lustrous 3
Eyes - *Sin Skins* Intense II Light Green eyes
Jewelry - Caroline's, Down the Back Black Pearl Necklace

Well, I saw a 60's outfit that that caught my eye - I'll let you know if it works out:). Till next time, Rachel

No comments: