Sunday, July 27, 2008

40's Romance


I love the whole look of 1940's fashion.

Many period looks in SL are pulled off because you found just the right shoes or just the right hairstyle. This dress from Ivalde isn't like that. I could have worn any hair and this dress and it would still look vintage.

I tried to zoom on to the gorgeous fabric so you could get a closer look at the softness. Although this dress was labeled blue, it comes across as purple to me, so that is the color I highlighted. If I'm color blind, well let me know:). Regardless as to the color you choose, this dress captures the era perfectly. So please, take the time to zoom in on these images, you'll be glad you did.

For skin - Don't cha love freebies??? This was from the Gala and Rita Design Announcements group and is still listed in their notices if you go join their group right now! I have to say - I was at the store on opening day and bought tons of skin here. WOW - Thanks to Gala Phoenix for her incredible customer service:) She has a stunning product and went out of her way to make sure her customers were happy when SL was being a stinker. Cheers to Gala!

Hair - Joan Deep Black at the Curl up and Dye Salon.
Dress - Ivalde, Julianne
Manicure - J's Mainshop - Nail-J-SS(Silver)
Skin - Curio, :GP: Opaline-Nightshade, group gift - join now!
Shoes - Maitreya, Slinky Stiletto, Silver
Eyes - *Sin Skins* Romantic Obsidian Eyes
Jewelry - [Encore] Timeless Teardrop Earring and Timeless Single Strand Necklace

I did shop a bit this weekend and am looking forward to getting several entries posted soon!!

No comments: