Thursday, July 10, 2008

Global Designs





It's a privilege to show beautiful costumes that highlight a cultural group or a cultures history. So I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna add another category of outfits called Global Designs.

There isn't a better way to start this category then as a Zulu Maiden. Ok - I'm just gonna spit it out. The costume is rich in culture and gorgeous... and yup....the Afro is fun!!

I am not wearing the skin that came with the outfit simply because every skin fits a bit different on different people. This is my favorite dark skin which was in my closet so I had to show it!

I love the way the arm bands and leggings fit and the way they sway when I walk (makes me feel girlie). But this outfit also makes me feel more assertive. If I could just get away with wearing it to a dance!

The headdress in the box is unique and does work very well with the Zulu Maiden

Unfortunately, I can be shy - the ballrooms of SL are tough for me. I absolutely freeze and am unable to ask a man to dance. Drives me nuts! This is the type of outfit that gives shy people an edge. Maybe it's the shield and Nguni Stick...

The afro is such a fun look..it sort of wobbles about when I walk...and I don't mean in a bad way. It's an absolute keeper for me and comes in many colors!

I do hope at some point to get a smaller afro, let me know if you find anything.

Outfit - 'ON (Ookami Ningen) - Zulu Maiden
Skin - Fleur Vivant Chestnut Sultry 3
Hair - MAU's & MEJ's, ::Afro small
Eyes - *Sin Skins* Intense Brown Eyes

Been playing catchup at my rl work this week ...yesh, gone 2 weeks and the paperwork looks like a tower.

No comments: