The very first time I turned on voice - I heard him breath. I was scared, so scare I scrambled and turned the sound off. He sent me text...laughing at me.
It was a long long time later (months) that i actually heard his voice say "hello". He didn't sound odd, i could understand him...heck we're both from the same state. I was still so nervous and scared - I have no idea why. I hardly said a word I was so nervous. Damn...two strikes for me, this voice thing was too awkward.
Third try, his mic wouldn't work but mine did. He could hear me but only text his replies. Hmmm...so we went to explore a few sims. I found myself relaxing little. We began to tease back and forth (he in text and me in voice), I stopped whispering (finally). I found it a bit empowering that he couldn't talk back.
Seems the third try made a difference. I've still not spoken to other people. Kairos and I text most of the time, but every once in awhile we hear each others voices.
Don't get me wrong - text does have it's advantages:
- You don't put your foot in your mouth as much
- You can express yourself in text in ways you might be embarrassed to in rl
- It gives you a bubble of privacy no matter what is going on around you.
- it is sooo much easier to explore the sims together this way
- in voice you can tell if the other person has had a rough day. A tired sigh:)
- you have fewer misunderstandings with your sweetie. I kid you not, sometimes when you read text you look for hidden meanings. In voice, tone is everything.
OK, I admit it - I have been known to eavesdrop in the game - but dayum, you hear some of the funniest conversations that way. Besides - they could have taken it private .....but they didn't.
Well - I am out of here to have some springtime fun - I'm ready for something bold and fun. What a fun dress - and i just had to go with this bright bold lime color. Yvette comes in four great spring colors.
Dress - Ivalde - Yvette in green (also comes in violet, firebrick and blue)
Hair - Etd - Xaria - Black Green
Shoes - Maitreya - Slinky Stilettos Patent Lime Green
Jewelry - (Caroline's) Natural Green Necklace - Why can't more fun beads like this be out there?